The title pretty much sums it up. I’m supposed to be studying and yet I keep getting sucked into bloody Facebook and various other forums,
Well, in an effort to do something constructive I thought, ‘Hey! Why don’t I write on my blog?’
I mean, its been fucking aeon’s since I even looked at this thing.
Damn this wine is good.
You see what happened there? I was telling you how long its been since I wrote something and then I go and get all involved with the wine again. I’ve been doing that all night. You don’t believe me? Ha, well I started that last sentence a half hour ago. I’ve been trawling through Facebook since. Oh, and Its my second glass since even starting this post.
Damn this wine is good.
Did I mention I like motorbikes? I do. I think they are gods own mode of transport, should he actually need anything. Anyway, this is just a random tangent I’m letting my fingers tread so bare with me a while longer. I’ll tell you about my latest project. Take a look at this…..
This beast has been keeping me busy for a few weeks now. I bought as a project and possible business venture with the wife. The plan was to buy up mechanically sound but otherwise cosmetically challenged bikes and make them look all pretty again. Simple eh? I mean its bomb proof right? Eh-er!
Its been a bloody disaster. Okay disaster is a bit harsh. Its not worked out quite how I thought it would. To save time here, and because I am a super lazy fucker, I will now compile a list of things I have learned and that have most likely fucked me off over the past few weeks.
- CBR 125’s are as plentiful as council estate chavs.
- Many council estate chavs are highly likely to own a CBR 125 at some time or another.
- Being a chav, they are also highly likely to neglect little things like, oh I don’t know, servicing, MOT, basic maintenance. That sort of thing. Anything important that would involve any degree of responsibility.
- Its also highly probable our friendly chav does not own a garage or even a shed. El’Rusto will sit outside in the garden, alongside a fridge maybe, and possibly a sofa.
- If, like me, you are super keen to get to work and hopefully turn a profit, you’ll discover that because of all of the above, you’re in for real treat.
- On getting the bike home (and into some decent light that doesn’t involve Mr Chav showing you the bike via a zippo lighter) you discover that the bike is more rust than anything else.
- All of the fairings are scratched, cracked or both.
- Every single serviceable item i.e air filter, spark plugs, breather pipes etc. are all absolutely fucking knackered.
- An oil change will have you tearing at your own eyes as you struggle to make sense of the black sludge that drains from the sump.
- Inspection of coolant will reveal that there is none.
- Same for break fluid.
- The forks will be badly pitted with the fork seals resembling something like Mrs Chav’s knickers after a night on the town.
- You’ll probably sigh with relief as your realise the tires appear to be in good order, only to realise that that the rims are banana shaped.
- Every little task you set yourself will, upon further investigation, be hiding a fucking big problem requiring not the half hour you planned but a full day.
- I could go on… but the wine is running low.
I’m so glad this is good wine.
So, not to worry. The bike project is finally starting to make some headway now. I have conquered most of the major problems and corrected them and I’m happy to say that I think I nearing the finishing line. No, don’t applause. I’ve been here before and I don’t want anyone fucking clapping until that thing passes its MOT. I’m not sure if I had a goal prior to starting this other than to make money but now I certainly have one. I’d like this thing to pass its MOT first time with no advisories. That would be bloody wonderful and a testament to my manly skills too.
Right, wine? Wine??? Where the fuck is my wine?
2 thoughts on “Think…. think… oh sod it.”
Hehehehehe….so, you’ve found a new Money Pit Of Doom? Good for you, it’s good to have a little fall-back hobby, something to fall back on if you’re primary hobby goes on the back burner for a while. Good for you……..but lay off the wine….. capiche?
You don’t like wine?